Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Skin Care + Body Shop Samples

So I don't have the greatest skin and I would do anything to have flawless, perfect, clear skin but I guess I'll just have to settle with what I've got.  I have normal skin, when I eat healthy and sleep and tend to steer clear of all make-up but usually I have dry, acne-prone skin with clogged pores etc. so I started using Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Sensitive Formula which is around $9 from Priceline but it is a 2 in 1 Cleanser and Toner so I can't really use it everyday.  So I've been looking around for something that would hydrate and clear up my skin.
After watching this video by Zoe Sugg she mentions the Botanics Facial Brush which is a very basic version of a Clarisonic, which I would absolutely love to own but I can not quite afford.  I did look around for the Botanics Facial brush but unfortunately they do not sell them in Australia.  So then I looked around for Clarisonic dupes but like most things, they also do not sell any in Australia.
I then started looking around for some facial brushes and came across one by The Body Shop here but in real life, the thing was ridiculously tiny.  So I went all across town today trying to find a facial brush and I eventually gave up but I did find some exfoliating pads from Priceline, Target and Discount Chemist Warehouse but I didn't find any I liked. 
I then went back into the Body Shop and purchased this: 
It was $3.95 and basically you put your cleanser or scrub on and put it all over your face and I asked the lady there and she said it 'gently exfoliates' while there was another one which was more or a sponge and that is a more vigorous exfoliator.
She then asked me if I had tried their skin care range for sensitive skin and I had not so she gave me some samples of their Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser, Aloe Calming Toner, Aloe Soothing Day Cream and Aloe Gentle Exfoliator.
I guess I'm a sucker for good customer service and a little bit of spilling my life story.  Although the body shop is a little bit more than how much I usually spend on skin care, I might just grab the exfoliator and until I use up everything I have at the moment.  I also really want to try some of the Lush cleansers.
That is all for now
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment